What is Initial Verification?
New installations, rewiring and extension projects will go through 3 phases;
Design, Construction, Inspection & Testing. Initial Verification is required during both the construction and inspection and testing phases to confirm that an electrical installation complies with BS7671:2008 and is safe to be put into service.
Elecheck offer an efficient, competitive, Initial Verification service to
confirm the installation has been both designed and constructed in compliance with the British Standards.
Once succesfully completed, an Inspection and Testing report, known as an Electrical Installation Certificate, is then given final sign-off.
What we'll do
In accordance with British Standards, we will always:
- Verify all installed equipment and material is of the correct type and rating for its use
- Verify all parts of the installation are correctly selected and erected
- Ensure no parts of the installation are visibly damaged or otherwise defective
- Visually inspect then test the installation inline with a pre-agreed schedule
- Provide "First Fix" stage dead testing
- Provide seperate dead and live testing at "Second Fix" stage
- Where required, issue accurate circuit designation schedules
- Where required, undertake re-tests and recommend corrective works
- Where required, provide full schematic diagrams showing the fixed installation layout
- Recommend when the first EICR will be required for the installation
Five Unique Reasons To Choose Elecheck For Your Initial Verification Requirements
- Construction Industry Experts
We have worked with many clients in the building and contruction industries on a variety of sites. We understand the common issues that may arise and how to avoid them.
- Clear Communication
From liasing with the 'Authorised Person' on site to arranging and adhering to a schedule of works, we will maintain regular contact with you from start to finish.
- Electrical Specialists
Our highly qualified electrical engineers have expert experience working on sites just like yours. We will also provide expert guidance on future testing schedules.
- Ready To Test
We will work with you to create a schedule of works that will help ensure verification is carried out in the most time-efficient manner, reducing your costs.
- Flexible Working
With a UK network of directly employed, field based engineers we can carry out work at a time that suits you, with the ability to provide onsite engineers as required.
Want more reasons? Visit our 'Why Elecheck' page.