Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
What is Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)?
Portable Appliance Testing encompasses various equipment types, from battery operated to mains appliances, including portable, transportable, hand held, stationary and IT equipment. PAT Testing forms an integral part of any health & safety programme which ensures companies comply with Insurance requirements and the Electricity At Work (EAW) Regulations 1989.
What we’ll do
By delivering a programme of Portable Appliance Testing, we will manage your health and safety requirements in line with the recommended frequency of tests. Where applicable we will:
- Visually inspect every appliance, lead and plug for damage, correct use and suitability for its environment
- Open every plug, check all fuses and replace if required
- Tighten every terminal and cable clamp
- Test earth resistance, insulation resistance, polarity and function/load
- Label every item with a unique code, in conjunction with the asset register
- Produce a typed asset/equipment register, detailing each item’s:
- - Unique ID Number
- - Make, model and serial number
- - Location
- - Date tested
- - Next recommended retest date
- - Condition (Pass/Fail)
- Record, make safe and report all failed items to the Duty Holder
Five Unique Reasons to Choose Elecheck for your Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
- Enhanced Reporting
All reports are created in Microsoft Excel to seamlessly integrate with any in-house asset management system and are searchable by product, serial number, item number or location
- Unique Service
Unlike other contractors, our PAT engineers aren’t paid on the number of tests they carry out. Our main concern is the quality of the service, not just the speed tests.
- Full Coverage
We carry out over 1 million PAT tests each year on a nationwide basis, so we have the capability to competently complete your job, however large or small.
- Quality Assured
We employ dedicated Engineering Supervisors to carry out Quality Assurance checks to ensure we maintain the highest technical test standards.
- Cost Commitment
We understand that although quality is essential, cost is too. That’s why we will always aim to match any bona fide competitors quote.
Want more reasons? Visit our ‘Why Elecheck?’ page.